At Biddick Academy we take pride in the high standards we expect of ourselves. We believe the high standard of dress of our students reflects this. The uniform is important in developing students’ identity within the Academy and taking pride in it.
The Academy’s grey v-necked jumper and clip-on tie with logo are available to purchase from the Academy reception.
Parents/carers are asked to ensure that their children meet the Academy’s expectations.
- Grey v-necked jumper with Academy logo
- White shirt / blouse – long or short sleeve
- Academy clip-on tie with logo
- Plain black school trousers (no jeans or jean style trousers) OR Plain black skirt (length touches the knee)
- Plain white, grey or dark coloured socks OR plain black, grey or flesh coloured tights
- Plain black shoes (NOT trainers, trainer designs, sport brands or boots)
Uniform order form
For Health and Safety reasons we insist on the following restrictions:
- Students are permitted one stud in each ear lobe (no expanders, no facial rings or studs, no studs or piercing to be worn anywhere else)
- If rings are worn, one small signet ring to be worn per hand
Inappropriate jewellery will need to be removed by the students; covering up of piercings with elastoplasts is not a solution.
Please do not arrange for piercings to coincide with term dates, as students will be asked to remove inappropriate studs in line with policy.
- Plain white Biddick T-shirt
- Plain navy sweatshirt (Optional)
- Navy football socks
- Plain navy blue Biddick tracksuit bottoms OR navy shorts
- Training shoes
- Football boots (outdoor lessons)
For rugby lessons students will be permitted to wear alternative tops.
The following items are not be worn
- Trainers / trainer designs / boots / UGG type boots
- Ski pants / leggings / hipsters / combat trousers
- Polo shirts or T-shirts
- Sweatshirts / hoodies which are not school uniform
- Jeans of any description
- Tracksuit tops
- Skirt trousers
- Baseball caps or hats
- Outdoor coats are to be removed when entering the Academy building, and are not to be worn in classrooms and corridors
- Grey v-necked jumper is not to be tucked into trousers or skirts
- White shirts are to be tucked into trousers or skirts
- Students are asked to avoid extremes of hair styles (e.g. no tramlines or extreme colours)
Biddick Academy T-shirts and tracksuit bottoms can be purchased from Academy reception.
All items of uniform are to be clearly marked with your child’s name and form group. This will drastically cut down the amount of lost and unclaimed property gathered by the Student Office and the P.E. Department. If students lose an item they should enquire at the Student Office in the first instance. Lost property is kept for one month from the date of being handed in.
Requests to vary the above due to religious beliefs will be considered by the Governing Body and addressed accordingly.